Sunday, October 30, 2011

The best support crew......... EVER!!

This morning we woke to the sound of rain, and upon looking at my watch realize We're  LATE!!  The boys were both snuggled in their beds reading when I jump out of bed and holler, "we've got to go!!."  This morning, I'd be joining friends at the MacDonald Forest 15k, and I'd offered to give Karen a ride.  Since of course neither of us had pre-registered, we planned to get there early for fear it just might fill up.  The boys in unison beg me to let them stay home and try to convince me that they'll be just fine!  "It's raining mom, and I want to finish this chapter!"  After a little gentle prodding and a little bribing, we all jump in the car with rain gear and snacks in hand....and yes, quite a bit later than I had planned.


Alleck (5) and Keller (8)

I love to see my boys out on the course during a race and today I got to see them 3 times!  Hearing them cheer and offer words of encouragement gives me a surge of energy each time.  Today,  I saw each of their little heads as I came up that last climb, and  my tired legs relaxed.  I let them know how much fun I was having even though my grimaced face probably said otherwise and  I even mustered a couple high fives before heading down into the finish. 

They were quick to join me at the bottom, all smiles and hugs. 

I am so grateful for my kids, their willingness and flexibility in joining me at these events.  Its just not the same without them,  and I know that even though it was hard to get them out of the house today, they were glad they did.

The rest of our afternoon was spent doing what the boys wanted; Playing soccer  at the OSU turf fields.  My legs tired from my morning run, and Trevor's from his ride.  We play willingly and with  smiles on our faces, just as the boys do for us.


Rachel, Mel, Allina and Karen all finished within minutes of each other!  Kept my boys pretty busy cheering us all on!





No comments:

Post a Comment