Friday, March 1, 2013

And the times, they are a changin!

Looking forward to many more of these family rides
I've spent a long time away from this blog, and believe me, I have missed it!  I have many unpublished posts swirling around in my head from these last few months as some incredible things have happened.  Some difficult, a few surprising and unexpected, and most full of joy and a chance to grow.

I look forward to sharing these happenings with those who read my blog, but for now I am readying for our first family road trip and the first mtn bike race of the season!  Yippee!


Phil's Trail fun in Bend
We are off to Echo, Oregon for the Echo Red 2 Red, where both Trevor and Keller will be racing! Yep, its true,  Keller our 9 year old will be doing his first OFFICIAL junior category race tomorrow!!!  He is super excited and I am about through the moon.  I am loving our race prep conversations, the questions he chooses to ask, while listening to his "race plan."  Keller is realistic about what is possible.  He says that his goal is to make the podium at least one time this season.  He knows the competition is tough, and this will be his first attempt at "racing" 14 miles.  I will forgo racing myself this weekend, so that I can ride behind Keller for support if he should need it.  He stresses that he wants to feel like he is racing alone, but know that if he needs me, I will be somewhere close behind.  And I just cannot wait to accompany him on this first journey, knowing that really, anything can happen.  My only hope:  That he enjoys himself.

I am sure my smile will be wide, and a few joyful tears will be shed,  as I watch my boy ride his bike.

And he can sew!  Keeping the Montessori alive while he made his teachers gifts for Christmas
A HUGE THANK YOU to Hammer Nutrition for keeping our family going.  We are LOVIN the support!!
I just love listening to my boy play his fiddle music.  Although he often complains and begs to quit, we are committed to keeping this music alive.  We just have to balance the sports with some arts and that is just that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment